Can celery juice really be a miracle drink?
Having discovered AYURVEDA 3 years ago, constant research into applying this amazing philosophy into my daily life has led me to some exciting discoveries. I used to suffer terrible bloating and starting to drink celery juice a couple of years ago has cured it without the need to resort to medication. Further research has uncovered a whole host of beneficial wonders attributed to the juice. It now seems that celery juice is gaining popularity as more people start to learn of its benefits.
There are people who still give a slight shudder when mentioning juicing celery, but studies now have proved that this vegetable contains amazing properties that assists us in a variety of health issues.
Celery contains anti-inflammatory properties that can assist with acid reflux, bloating, IBS, constipation, acne, eczema, and other inflammation issues in the body. Additionally, it is very high in vitamin K which promotes general bone and heart health.
One of the simplest juices to make and being alkaline it’s great for your gut. Ideally drunk on an empty stomach 30 minutes or so before your meal, but also having it in the morning will aid your digestion of food consumed during the day.
Studies have also shown that although eating celery stalks is healthy, drinking its juice delivers far more nutritional value. Juicing it removes the pulp, which then leads to a greater activation of its healing properties and its absorption into our system. The juice contains cluster salts which helps our stomach to break down protein, which if not broken down properly can cause us gut issues and bloating.
Although it’s a wonderfully nutritious drink for the day, always remember that no juice can replace proper and full nutritional meals as part of a balanced daily diet.
Moni’s tips for drinking celery juice
- Drink your celery juice every morning or every other day. I drink about 115ml on an empty stomach. Since I wake up quite early, I have mine at about 6am.
- Although celery juice can be considered a medicinal drink, remember you still need a full breakfast.
- Always wait about 15/30 minutes before eating anything else to allow the juice to work its magic.
- Use organic celery if possible and wash it well.
- I make my celery juice every morning to drink, but if you don’t have the time you can make in advance and drink it within 24hrs.
- If you experience a change on your bowl movements when you start to drink celery juice, don’t panic as this is normal and your body is detoxing and causing this reaction. This sometimes happen if you have a higher level of toxins in your body.
- Celery juice will help to detox all the bad bacteria on your gut and also your liver.
As always please consult your medical and nutritional practitioner on any new dietary foods and drinks. Some people suffer allergies to different foods.