- 2 white onions chopped
- 2 garlic clove chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 carrots chopped
- 2 celery stalk chopped
- ½ courgette chopped without the middle soft part
- 255g of butternut squash chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh thyme chopped
- 1 bay leave
- 2x 400g tin tomato sauce
- 1x 400g tin cannelini beans drained and rinsed
- 1x400g tin cannelini beans blended
- 200g small pasta cooked (any shape)
- 4 cup buillon vegetable stock
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- Handful of spinach
- Coriander to serve
First cook the pasta as per pack instructions and set aside.
Place the olive oil in a large pot on a medium heat. Sauté the onions for 5 minutes until slightly brown, then adding the garlic and cooking for another 1 minute. Lower the heat and add all vegetables and thyme, cooking for a further 5 minutes. Place the tomato sauce, vegetable stock, bay leave into the pot and season with salt & pepper. Bring to boil than lower the heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
Remove the bay leave, than mix the beans and cooked pasta into the pot and heat 2 minutes. If too thick add more vegetable stock. Season to taste. Add the spinach just before serving.
Garnish with the chopped coriander and enjoy.